FAQ - Frequently asked questions
Where are Fleur Zefa's jewels made?
- Fleur Zefa's jewelery is made in her own workshop in Belgium, Antwerp. If Fleur has to collaborate with other workshops, she always make sure it's local, in Antwerp.
Parts, such as clasps, creoles and other parts that are purchased, are also purchased in the Benelux or Europe. They meet the highest standards. Usually they come from recycled sources.
Pearls, semi-precious stones are also purchased locally from reliable dealers. Just like gemstones, they are purchased from dealers with years of experience who hold certificates of ethical trading.
What materials does Fleur Zefa work with?
- At Fleur Zefa we work with sterling Silver (AG 925), Argentium Silver (AG 935), Gold (14k, 18k ..).
Silver jewelery can be gold plated (18 kt) or rhodium plated.
- The proces of gold plating is the application of a small gold layer over a silver jewel. This process takes place in an Antwerp workshop with years of experience.
- Rhodium plating is the application of a layer of rhodium over a silver or gold (usually white gold) jewel to prevent oxidation and discoloration. Fleur Zefa's silver jewelery is not standard rhodium plated.
What is a personalised hallmark? Does Fleur Zefa have a hallmark?
- Yes, Fleur Zefa is registered with the Royal Mint of Belgium and has a "personalised hallmark", literally translated from Dutch: "master stamp". A "master stamp" is a stamp that identifies the goldsmith or silversmith. Every master stamp is unique, every goldsmith who has a stamp has his own stamp with his own drawing. The "master stamp" is accompanied by the content stamp (Ag 925, Au 750, ..) in a jewel.
Can I have a custommade jewel at Fleur Zefa?
- That is possible, in the style of Fleur Zefa. A tailor-made jewel is available from € 150. (design / start-up cost). In addition, the material costs and any extra working hours are added. We will always communicate transparently about this. Why this price? With a custom jewel, a lot has to be tested and refined by the artist / craftsman. Even if you have an idea or design yourself, converting it into a physical silver / gold jewel requires a lot of time, insight and knowledge.
Can I have an existing Fleur Zefa jewel personalized?
- Yes you can if it is technically possible. Contact us via the contact page if the option is not yet listed in the options in the webshop. We calculate for you the additional cost of the jewel for the personalization and send you the price calculation.
My Fleur Zefa jewel is broken? What do I have to do?
- Contact us via the contact page. We look at whether we can restore the jewel or make a new part.
I have lost part of my Fleur Zefa jewel, what do I have to do?
- Parts can be added. Contact us via the contact page and see if we can make the specific part. We first pass on a price calculation. Fleur Zefa is a slow and fair fashion brand. We want you to be able to carry your jewel with you for as long as possible.
I lost one earring of a pair, what do I have to do?
- Contact us via the contact page. We are happy to make 1 earring for you. We will first send you a price calculation. We want you to be able to wear your pair for as long as possible.
I don't know my ring size. I don't know my partner's ring size. What now?
- You can make an appointment to measure your own ring size. Contact us via the contact page.
- Are you buying a ring for a loved one? Then the ring size is very important. If possible, bring a ring that is already a good fit for your partner. This way we can measure the size. Does your partner have no other ring for reference? Then Fleur Zefa advises you to come and measure the size together.
Can I also order from abroad?
- Yes, that's possible. Below you will find a standard list of the countries to which we ship. Is your country not listed? Please contact us via the contact page.
To which countries does Fleur Zefa ship packages via the webshop?
- All countries within the European Economic Area:
Belgium; Bulgaria; Cyprus; Denmark; Germany; Estonia; Finland; France; Greece; Hungary; Ireland; Iceland; Italy; Croatia; Latvia; Liechtenstein; Lithuania; Luxembourg; Malta; The Netherlands; Norway; Austria; Poland; Portugal; Romania; Slovenia; Slovakia; Spain; Czech Republic; Sweden
What if I do not live in the EU and I want to order from Fleur Zefa?
- Contact us via the contact page. Since the shipping costs will be more expensive, consider ordering with some friends. Any customs charges will be paid by the recipient.